Friday, February 11, 2011

Remember that refinancing discussion?

Way back in August, when I first started this blog, I discussed the concept of refinancing our house.  You will recall that I had talked with a wonderful person with a well-known, reliable company who immediately said that we were approved and that she would start the ball rolling.  You might also recall that we were ecstatic to get our mortgage transferred from a ‘troublesome company’ that was next to impossible to communicate with!  Well, our new company found this out firsthand!!  (I’m always glad to hear that it isn’t just my paranoia speaking!!) 

Initially, we were told that because of the onslaught of people wanting to refinance at these low rates, our closing would not actually take place for almost three months (meaning November) and that they would appreciate our not ‘bugging’ them in the meantime, because they were working as quickly as possible.

So in mid-November, I finally emailed to ask the status, since we were going to be gone the week of Thanksgiving and I did not want to be the reason for not closing.  I received an immediate response saying that it was probably going to be the first part of December so our Thanksgiving absence was no problem.

Well . . . after four account representatives (each stepping up in company management) and six months, we will close!!  Yes, our new company had an unbelievably difficult time getting the necessary paperwork; we jumped through numerous hoops, and we all expressed our frustration directly to the ‘old company.’ (Not that they cared!) 

To the new company’s credit, they have kept the promised percentage rate (yes, there was going to be trouble right here in River City if that didn’t happen!!), even though interest rates have since gone up and we were initially told it was locked in for 90 days, and they have absorbed the expense of an additional appraisal because of the delay!!  Of course, we have lost the savings of that percentage rate over these last months, but, believe me . . . we are thrilled to finally close next Thursday.  Should I be saying, “I’ll believe it when I see it?”  No!  I am not going there . . .

Next time,
Karol

No comments:

Post a Comment